Sweet and Spicy Ham Steak
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 362 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Fry ham in skillet until browned and heated through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Drain any excess grease. Add salsa, apricot nectar, apricot preserves, brown sugar, and taco seasoning to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Simmer until sauce is hot and bubbly, turning ham steak once, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer ham steak to a platter and cover with sauce.
- Cook's Notes:
- Sauce may be doubled, if desired, and served with ham over white rice.
- For Sweet and Spicy Chicken: Pound 4 small boneless chicken breasts until thin, dredge in flour, brown in pan, turning at least once. Add combined sauce ingredients and continue cooking as directed above. Continue cooking until all juices in chicken run clear.
Per Serving: 362 calories; 9.8 g fat; 21.8 g carbohydrates; 45.1 g protein; 102 mg cholesterol; 3139 mg sodium. Full nutrition