Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 316 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, green bell peppers, and garlic in the hot oil until onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes and their juices, tomato sauce, hot pepper sauce, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and black pepper into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Add kidney beans, black beans, and corn; reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and simmer chili for 30 minutes.
- Stir macaroni into chili, cover skillet, and simmer until macaroni is heated, 5 minutes; top with Cheddar cheese and green onions to serve.
- Cook's Note:
- This will yield 6 servings as a main course with a salad and garlic bread. Or, as part of a potluck dinner, could yield up to 10 servings depending on the amount of food in total.
Per Serving: 316 calories; 4.4 g fat; 55.5 g carbohydrates; 17.5 g protein; 3 mg cholesterol; 1112 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was a really nice easy quick meal for one of those nights you don't really feel like cooking. I didn't have white kidney beans so used black eyed peas instead and whole wheat rotini noodles...
One of our summertime family favorites. We are garlic lovers and add a little Chili Garlic seasoning and a little heat. We like the added extra of knowing when we can save on the ingredients fro...