Ingredients1 h servings 260
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Simmer dried cranberries and tangerine juice in a small saucepan over medium heat; remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Mix butter, tangerine zest, and 1 cup sugar in a separate large bowl, using an electric mixer, until mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat eggs into butter mixture, one at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with milk in two additions, until batter is just mixed. Fold cranberries and juice into batter. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups and top with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack.
- Cook's Note:
- 2 small tangerines yield about 1/4 cup juice. 2 tablespoons tangerine zest is about 1 tangerine, zested.
Per Serving: 260 calories; 8.9 42.7 3.7 52 147 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
This is a great recipe. I didn't do anything with the "basics" meaning the flour, sugar, baking powder...however, I didn't have tangerines but had a few blood oranges left that I wanted to use ...
This was great! I used regular oranges just because I didn't have tangerines on hand. I would like to use them next time. I also only used one tablespoon of orange zest. I wish I had used 2 t...
Delicious! I will be making these again for sure. I made 2 small changes, I didn't have any fresh tangerines so I used orange juice and orange extract in place of the tangerine juice and zest. A...
What a great tasting , simple recipe. I used fresh whole cranberries, simm ered in the tangerine juice. Also adding 1/4 tsp of rum extract to the batter. Lastly, for a crispy top, before baking...
Raves at a potluck brunch! I substituted orange juice and was fabulous!
I made this recipe today. Excellent, baked at 350° for recommended time, broiler for 2 min to brown tops. Added one tangerine chopped to juice and cranberries while simmering, wonderful texture....
These are absolutely delicious! Used orange juice (hand squeezed) and it was fine. 375 degrees for 25 minutes worked fine for me.
My son brought us a crate of tangarines yesterday, looked up recipes and found this, will make some tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Cheers Stevie and all reviews for giving me inspiratio...