Dad G's Crab Cakes
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 326 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 large crab cakes)
- Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and green bell pepper in margarine until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir mustard, Worcestershire sauce, seafood seasoning, salt, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into the onion mixture. Sprinkle flour over the mixture; stir to integrate. Pour cream over the mixture; bring to a boil, stirring constantly and cook for 1 minute. Fold crab meat into the mixture.
- Spoon some of the liquid from the skillet into the bowl with the beaten egg yolks to temper the egg; stir. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and stir. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer crab mixture to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled completely, about 1 hour.
- Mix bread crumbs, melted butter, and paprika in a shallow bowl.
- Divide the crab mixture into 4 portions; form into patties. Gently press the patties into the bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Pour enough corn oil into a flat-bottomed pan to be 1-inch deep; heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook patties in hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 326 calories; 13.3 g fat; 25.4 g carbohydrates; 25.6 g protein; 177 mg cholesterol; 1113 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1