Turkey, Red Pepper and Cheddar Quiche
Dairy Farmers of Canada Real Cream
Ingredients1 h servings 352 cals
- Preheat oven to 375F (190 C).
- Sprinkle cheese in bottom of pie shell. Add turkey, roasted red pepper and green onions; using fork toss gently to combine and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream and flour. Add eggs and salt and whisk until well combined. Slowly pour over cheese mixture, using fork to allow cream mixture to fill pie shell evenly. Bake on bottom rack for about 45 minutes or until top is golden, edges puff and knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Look for aged Canadian Cheddar that is orange or white. The flavour in both is outstanding and be sure to buy extra to enjoy as a snack.
- Purchase roasted red peppers from the deli or in a jar to make preparation easy.
- Omit turkey or chicken and use 1 cup (250 mL) diced ham or 1 can (7- 1/2 oz/220 g) salmon or 1 pkg (7 oz/200 g) frozen crab meat, thawed and squeezed dry.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 23.1 g fat; 18.7 g carbohydrates; 16.9 g protein; 131 mg cholesterol; 514 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was a hit with my husband and son, despite the fact that I made my own crust and kind of burned it. I used milk instead of cream, which turned out fine, and regular cheddar cheese.
I did not have the specific cheese or cream this recipe asked for--I used equal amounts Helluva Good extra sharp cheddar cheese and equal amounts evaporated milk. I also used leftover taco-spice...