Ingredients20 m servings 491 cals
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and swirl to coat pan; brown chicken, turning once, for about 2 min per side. Transfer to a plate. Add garlic, mushrooms, green pepper and Italian seasoning to pan and saute for about 3 min or until mushrooms start to brown.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits stuck to pan. Arrange chicken in pan in a single layer, turning to coat in sauce. Reduce heat and simmer, turning chicken once, for about 8 min or until chicken is no longer pink inside and sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles for about 5 min or until just tender or according to package directions. Drain well.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to a cutting board. Stir cream into sauce; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide noodles among serving bowls; slice chicken and arrange chicken on top of noodles. Spoon sauce over top and sprinkle with Canadian Parmesan cheese.
- If only large chicken breasts are available, use 1 lb (500 g) and cut them in half or slices horizontally so the pieces are 1/2 to 3/4 inch (1 to 2 cm) thick. This ensures they cook quickly in the sauce.
- For the Adventurous: Add 1/4 cup (50 ml) drained pickled hot peppers after stirring in the cream and garnish each serving with black olives.
Per Serving: 491 calories; 18.6 g fat; 53.5 g carbohydrates; 28.5 g protein; 140 mg cholesterol; 373 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Tasted great and my kids loved it too, which is a big plus! So easy and fast to prepare.
I tried this recipe for dinner and thought the taste was just ok. The fact I didn't have cream may have been a factor. So I am giving it three stars because The amount of time required far exce...