Puffy Pizza Omelette
Dairy Farmers of Canada Real Cream
Ingredients29 m servings 339
- Preheat the broiler with rack positioned 6 inches (15 cm) from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with flour, oregano, salt and pepper; whisk in cream until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add potatoes, mushrooms, green pepper and ham (if using); saute for 8 min or until mushrooms release their liquid and start to brown and potatoes are tender. Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in egg mixture. Cook, stirring gently with a heatproof spatula for about 2 min or until eggs are about half set. Cook without stirring for 3 min or until eggs are almost set.
- Broil for about 3 min or until omelette is puffed and browned. Arrange tomatoes on top of omelette and sprinkle with cheese; broil for 1 min or until cheese is melted.
- If your skillet has a plastic handle, wrap it in foil and angle it outside of the oven while broiling the omelette.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 22.2 16.7 19.4 294 601 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I like recipes you can modify to what ingredients you have on hand. I had no mushrooms so subbed onion instead. Also used a mozzarella/cheddar cheese combo. The omelet was fluffy! The directions...
Very good. Fluffy too! Had no ham so I used bacon, also used mozzarella and cheddar. Original recipe yielded three large servings, enough for three adults for a quick dinner. Will make again.