Lazy Lasagna in a Bowl
Dairy Farmers of Canada Real Cream
"Enjoy all the flavours of lasagna made in a fraction of the time, perfect for a busy weeknight meal. Italian sausage and zucchini in a creamy tomato sauce is served over baby pasta shells and topped with mozzarella cheese."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 282 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Remove sausage meat from casings and crumble into large deep pot. Place pot over medium-high heat and cook breaking up meat with a spoon for about 5 min or until no longer pink. With a slotted spoon, transfer meat into a bowl; discarding any fat left in the pot.
- Return pot to medium-high heat and add butter, mushrooms, zucchini and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring for about 8 min or until no liquid remains from mushroom mixture. Return meat with any accumulated juices to pot and add tomatoes.
- Whisk flour into cream and add to pot along with the water and pasta. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 10 min or until pasta is tender but firm. Season to taste with salt (if using).
- Divide cheese among soup bowls and ladle soup over top to melt cheese.
- Stirring the soup occasionally while cooking helps create a creamy texture to the soup.
- To add a smokey flavour, look for Canadian smoked Mozzarella or Provolone cheese.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 17.1 g fat; 16.3 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 609 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1