Ingredients20 m servings 429
- In a bowl, toss shrimp and paprika together to coat; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Panfry sausage slices, for about 4 min or until golden brown; transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Whisk flour into cream and add water.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and add cream mixture along with the garlic, thyme and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil and add shrimp; simmer for about 4 min until shrimp are pink and firm. Return sausage to skillet and warm through.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine for about 3 min or until tender but firm. Drain well and add to skillet. Cook, stirring on low heat for about 2 min or until sauce coats pasta well.
- Serve in shallow soup bowls and sprinkle with green onion.
- If the smoked sausages are spicy, reduce the cayenne pepper to 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL).
- To keep the shrimp tender, maintain the cream mixture at a gentle simmer, adjusting the heat as necessary.
Per Serving: 429 calories; 18.7 35.3 28.6 197 732 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This recipe was awesome. Two days later I was still talking about it. The only change I made was I used penne instead of linguine, held the sauce very nicely. This is a definite remake.
Very easy and good! Might lighten up on the thyme and paprika, but I like the kick the dish has!
This was super easy and super tasty. We had some Nueske's smoked hot dogs so I used them, doubled the shrimp as well. Easy peasy.
I used evaporated milk instead and it tasted delucious, thanks for the recipe!
This was absoloutely delicious! I added some extra veggies and white wine. Was also heavy on paprika so it had a bit of a kick which we love. I used 2 chicken boulon cubes not the liquid.