Ingredients55 m servings 65 cals
- Mix first 5 ingredients until well blended. Brush 1 phyllo sheet lightly with butter; top with 2 more phyllo sheets, lightly brushing each layer with some of the remaining butter. Place remaining phyllo between sheets of plastic wrap; set aside.
- Spread 1/5 of the spinach mixture along one short side of phyllo stack. Fold in long sides of phyllo; roll up from one short side to make log. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture. Brush with remaining butter. Make small cuts in tops of logs at 1-inch intervals. Place in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bags or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Freeze up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove desired number of logs from freezer. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, several hours or overnight until thawed. Unwrap, then place on baking sheet. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min. Transfer to cutting board. Use serrated knife to cut each log into 6 slices.
- Kraft Kitchens Tips
- STORAGE KNOW-HOW
- Leftover phyllo sheets can be wrapped tightly and refrozen.
- HOW TO PREPARE WITH 18X14-INCH PHYLLO SHEETS
- Use a total of 9 phyllo sheets, spreading 1/3 of the filling on each stack of 3 sheets and rolling up each stack to make a total of 3 logs. Freeze and bake as directed. Cut each log into 10 slices to serve.
- Omit butter. Spray phyllo sheets with cooking spay instead of brushing with the melted butter.
Per Serving: 65 calories; 3.9 g fat; 5.9 g carbohydrates; 2.2 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 129 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is excellent and a family favorite. I made just slight changes to make it a little lighter and less points. I add some fresh spinach I usually have around about 1 cup chopped, and butter...
I made these for my bf and he loved them. The next time I made them I brought them to work and everybody was asking for the recipe!
Excellent - easy and they freeze well. I'm going to add some mushrooms next time.
Crunchy, creamy delicious. I added black pepper, a dash of allspice to keep it Greek..wonderful party appetizer.