Country Beef Stew
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 438 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a Dutch oven or heavy oven-safe pan into oven as it preheats.
- Toss beef cubes with canola oil in a bowl to coat. Stir garlic and herb seasoning with flour in a shallow bowl; dredge beef in seasoned flour to coat. Place beef into the hot Dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning beef cubes over twice. Stir mixed vegetables, diced tomatoes, potatoes, and pearl onions into beef; cover with lid and return to oven.
- Place beef into the hot Dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning beef cubes over twice. Stir mixed vegetables, diced tomatoes, potatoes, and pearl onions into beef; cover with lid and return to oven.
- Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake stew in the oven until meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 438 calories; 10.6 g fat; 60.2 g carbohydrates; 27.5 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 108 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used fresh veggies and a bottle of beer for extra liquid. Still no leftovers. Thanks!
Good start but I would increase vegetables and beef cubes. Keep potatoes chunky and use beef broth to increase liquid.