Ingredients1 h servings 393 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut stems off beets and place whole on a baking sheet. Roast until fork tender, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool; peel and dice beets into large bite-sized pieces. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
- Toss diced avocado with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate bowl; season with salt.
- To serve, divide salad greens between serving plates. Top each serving with 1/4 of the beets and avocado. Sprinkle each serving with shelled pistachios, dried cherries, and shredded Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 26.3 g fat; 34.1 g carbohydrates; 9.2 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 287 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This was one of the BEST salads I have ever made! I made it for a dinner party and every single person had two servings. Absolutely will make again! My modifications: ~Used half field greens a...
I have made with both avocado and goat cheese. I love avocado but goat cheese is really good in this.
I made this and it actually made 3 large salads. However, I added roasted chicken to the top. I should have added more grated Parmesan. Overall, excellent taste!
Great recipe! I adjusted to what I had in my kitchen so the final product had beets, spinach, pistachios, dried cranberries, and goat cheese. Very close to the original so I don't feel like it s...
This is a wonderful salad. You can vary the nuts and cheese and it's still delicious. I don't bring home leftovers of this one!