Paul's Oyster Stew
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 30 m servings 354 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 gallons)
- Melt butter in a 10-quart stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir celery, fresh onion, dried onion, black pepper, and celery salt in melted butter until celery and onion are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle flour over celery and onions; stir gently until flour becomes a smooth paste. Add the cream of celery soup; stir gently. Pour 1% milk, condensed milk, and liquid from the oysters into the mixture; stir. Gently fold oysters into the soup.
- Increase heat to medium. Cook mixture at a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate soup for 24 to 48 hours before reheating gently to serve.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 12.4 g fat; 40.7 g carbohydrates; 20.1 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 670 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1