Ingredients2 h servings 1077
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/4 cup cilantro, green onions, chipotle chili powder, 1 tablespoon lime juice, garlic basil spread, and cumin in a small bowl. Stir until combined; season with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir chorizo, ground beef, and coriander until meat is browned, about 15 minutes. Drain and discard fat. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir cabbage, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, jalapeno, and water into chorizo mixture; cook and stir until peppers soften, about 10 minutes. Add brown sugar and chili powder; cook and stir until water is evaporated and sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cilantro and juice of 1 lime over the chorizo mixture and remove from heat.
- Spread each hoagie bun with 1 tablespoon chipotle mayo. Evenly distribute the chorizo mixture among the 4 sandwiches.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; fry eggs, 2 to 4 at a time if necessary, until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 2 minutes per side. Place two eggs atop each sandwich.
- Here's the recipe for Garlic Basil Spread.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the chipotle mayo ingredients. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 1077 calories; 77.5 58.9 39 292 1519 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
There are so many good things about this recipe. The mayo sauce is amazing, which is good because you'll have loads left over. Adding cabbage to a sloppy whatever is a great idea, the flavor and...
So yummy! I've made this multiple times & there's so much flavor + plenty for leftovers. Normally we leave the basil spread out because we don't have the ingredients on hand and we're lazy but ...