Ingredients55 m servings 359 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 17x11 3/8x3/4-inch jelly roll pan; line the bottom with waxed paper. Sift 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar onto a clean kitchen towel at least the same size as jelly roll pan.
- Beat cake mix and cold water with an electric mixer on Low in a large glass or metal bowl for 30 seconds; increase to Medium speed and beat for 1 minute. Pour 3/4 the batter into the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is firm to the touch, 15 to 17 minutes. Loosen cake from pan and turn onto the floured towel; peel off waxed paper. Carefully trim any browned edges. Roll cake in the towel, starting from the narrow end; cool on a wire rack with seam side down for 20 minutes.
- Toss sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar in a bowl until coated.
- Beat cream in a glass or metal bowl until foamy. Gradually add 1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, continuing to beat until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: whipped cream will form soft mounds. Measure 1 1/2 cups whipped cream and set aside. Fold sliced strawberries into the remaining whipped cream.
- Unroll the cooled cake and spread strawberry-whipped cream mixture onto cake, leaving 1/2-inch border of cake exposed. Roll cake (without towel) around whipped cream layer. Transfer rolled cake, seam side down, to a serving platter.
- Stir food coloring into the reserved 1 1/2 cups whipped cream until pink. Frost the outside of rolled cake with pink whipped cream. Garnish with whole strawberries.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the angel food cake ingredients using Betty Crocker® cake mix. Follow directions according to box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 359 calories; 17.7 g fat; 45.2 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 65 mg cholesterol; 408 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
My daughter requested this today for her birthday... I made the cake as directed - The only exception was I folded in the contents of 2 single serve Snack Pack Vanilla Pudding cups to the filli...
omg, this is the best! its light and refreshing, perfect for a warm summer evening. its my daughters favorite and i think mine too. there is never any leftovers with this one. I'm not a strawb...