Sweet Potato Cranberry Bake
Ingredients55 m servings 218
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine cranberries, orange slices, sugar, pecans, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until cranberries soften, about 30 minutes. Stir yams into cranberry mixture and continue baking until heated through, about 15 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- The orange peel should be left on. In addition to slicing the orange, I also cut the slices into wedges. It helps the peels to soften more and makes for a better size for a bite.
- Brandy can be substituted for the orange juice.
- Sugar and spices may be mixed together first before adding to the rest of the ingredients to help the spices to be spread more evenly.
- Fresh boiled yams or sweet potatoes may be substituted for canned.
- The cranberry mix can also be microwaved before adding the yams, instead of baking in the oven. I am not sure on the time as I have never personally cooked it this way.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 4.5 45.3 1.4 0 25 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
This was absolutely delicious. I used fresh cubed sweet potatoes and baked for over an hour...added some extra orange juice (used the juice from one orange) and cut the sugar back to about 2/3 ...
Of coarse I love this recipe! I could eat the whole thing myself!
This was a wonderful dish and everyone loved it! The changes I made were adding more spice: 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. fresh grated nutmeg and 1/4 tsp mace. I also cooked fresh yams instead...
Made this last Thanksgiving but only half the recipe. since the family doesn't really like sweet potatoes. It was gone before it made it half way around the table so this year, I am doubling t...
Excellent. Fulfills my requirements of simple ingredients, easy to do and tasty. I leave out the pecans for my allergic spouse. I also bake fresh yams ahead of time and use them.
I brought it to a Thanksgiving dinner. It was a real hit. I used half the sugar that the recipe called for and used fresh sweet potatoes.
This recipe turned out so good. The cranberries really gave it an extra flavor that I liked. It will be a favorite recipe added to my Thanksgiving and Christmas menu.