Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 696 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 standing rib roast)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix rosemary, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl. Rub standing rib roast with mixture and season liberally with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat an 11-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until skillet is very hot. Brown standing rib roast on all sides in the hot skillet, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove meat from skillet. Cook and stir carrots, celery, and onions in the hot skillet until slightly browned; stir beef broth into vegetables. Place roast on top of vegetables in skillet.
- Roast meat in the preheated oven until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the middle reads 120 degrees F (49 degrees C), about 2 1/2 hours.
- Transfer roast from skillet to a serving platter, retaining pan drippings and vegetables; let rest at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- About 15 minutes before serving, combine red wine with dried cherries in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer until cherries have absorbed all the wine, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a separate saucepan over medium heat and whisk flour into hot butter to make a paste. Strain reserved pan juices into cherries using a fine mesh strainer. Bring cherry sauce with pan juices to a boil. Stir flour paste into sauce, reduce heat to low, and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and black pepper. Serve sauce with roast.
Per Serving: 696 calories; 46.4 g fat; 17.7 g carbohydrates; 38.2 g protein; 135 mg cholesterol; 207 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1