Ingredients13 h 45 m servings 538
- Stir warm water, coffee, kosher salt, onion soup mix, onion, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce in a 16-quart stock pot until salt and onion soup mix has dissolved. Lay roast in the brine and cover pot; refrigerate at least 8 hours. Turn roast over at least twice during brining.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove roast from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan with the fat side down; sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Flip roast and season other side the same way. Let roast stand until it reaches room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Place roast into preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off heat and leave meat in the hot oven, without opening oven door, for 3 hours. Turn oven back on and set heat for 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Let roast reheat until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast reads 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for medium-rare, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the brine ingredients. The actual amount of the brine consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 538 calories; 38.8 8.2 36.6 125 11820 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
Roast beef is my go-to Thanksgiving dinner, as I don't like turkey. I was looking to do something a little different when I came across this recipe. Usually I read through reviews before I'll ...
Fantastic recipe - whenever I tell people I brine a rib roast they think I'm crazy. Until they try this. I usually just leave off the French Onion soup and sub Beef Broth.
I don't ever venture making a recipe with only 4 reviews, however I felt strongly that this was going to be a good one and it wasn't complicated. I followed the recipe exactly and hoped for th...
I made this for a 50th Birthday Party and it was absolutely delicious. I have to say that I was concerned about brining such an excellent cut of meat in coffee but decided I would give it a try ...
Five star reviews always get my attention and I was intrigued seeing brewed coffee as one of the ingredients. I halved the recipe because my roast was only 3 to 4 lbs. I marinated it overnight ...
Amazing recipe! Only thing I had to do is add 2c of water to,pan during last portion of cooking! Everyone raved about it and gravy was outstanding!! Also, had to cook longer..important to have...
Made exactly as written and flavor is outstanding! The only change I made was to cooking time. I found a fool-proof method that cooks it to a perfect medium rare center every time. Pre-heat oven...
This recipe was flavorful, super tender and juicy, most awesome, even though i did not have the french onion soup pkg. We loved it.