Quiche with Kale, Tomato, and Leek
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 110
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch pie dish.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add kale, cover, and steam until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place in prepared pie dish; add sliced leek and cherry tomatoes.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; stir in milk and shredded Italian cheese blend, followed by rosemary, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie dish. Stir gently until egg mixture and kale mixture are evenly combined.
- Bake quiche in preheated oven until the center has set, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with grated Parmesan. Continue baking until quiche is lightly browned on top, about 20 more minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Per Serving: 110 calories; 7 4.1 8 106 217 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 40
I've made this recipe several times and it is always a hit. The recipe, as stated is perfect, but I've used whatever cheese and vegetables I have on hand. If I'm using cheddar I often add Srir...
We didn't have a leek so we used some red onion instead. This is a wonderfully tasty recipe. Tried it out on guests and the loved it as well. It was gone in one sitting with just the four of ...
Made this for a light, late dinner last night and it was perfect. I baked it in a pie crust and it was very tasty. The rosemary made it smell yummy and the tomatoes gave it a nice punch of fla...
This was a nice departure from my regular quiche, using fresh kale, tomatoes and rosemary from my garden made it more special and I served it as a main dish for dinner. I did make a pie crust t...
True confession: I made this only because my co-op share included leeks and kale, both of which I wanted to figure out how to use up. This recipe (I made it as a true quiche, in a crust) is AMAZ...
I made this for dinner, and my one year olds loved it! So did my husband and I, but I was thrilled that my kids ate it. I upped it a little for a 9" pie plate and used swiss chard instead of kal...
Made this for a retreat brunch, so delicious!! I used a frozen pie shell, thawed for a bit, spinach instead of kale. Yummy! There was only 1 slice left, and I'm about to eat it for dinner!! Than...
Delicious. It was my first quiche and my hubby and I loved it... so healthy, easy, and good.