Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 691
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir cream cheese into hot butter until it begins to melt, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Whisk warm milk gradually into cream cheese until smooth; stir in 1 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Bring sauce to a simmer, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and sauce has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread 3/4 cup of cheese sauce into bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish. Arrange 1/3 of the lasagna noodles over the sauce and spread half the cooked chicken and half the ham over the noodles. Pour 1 cup sauce over chicken and ham. Repeat layers starting with half the remaining lasagna noodles, remaining chicken, remaining ham, and 1 more cup of cheese sauce. Finish by layering remaining lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, and bread crumbs; sprinkle top with Italian seasoning. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until crumbs are browned, about 10 more minutes. Let casserole stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 691 calories; 44.2 40.9 34 156 768 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 41
Got RAVE reviews with this!! My guests left with the recipe and my boyfriend was still raving about it the next day!Just made a few changes. Used Panko Italian flavored break crumbs for the top....
My family liked this recipe. Simple to make, I did make it in a larger 9x13 pan.
So I tweaked this recipe a little. I thought it could use a vegetable so I added a layer of broccoli over the chicken/ham. It was amazing! My husband says this is his new favorite dinner! Also ...
Made it for my family, they ate almost all of it in one night (we are only four people!) and when I brought my professional chef neighbor over the next day to try it, there was only a single pie...
I made this tonight for dinner. It was delicious. Followed the recipe exactly. For some reason mine took longer to cook and I ended up turning on the broiler to brown the top. Everyone in my hou...
Made as written but used non-hydrogenated margarine, low fat cream and Swiss cheeses plus whole wheat lasagna noodles to make the recipe healthier. Loose bread crumbs did not appeal to me and if...
I was a little skeptical about this recipe, that it might be too rich...but the first thing out of my picky hubbie's mouth was "mmm this is good" and for him that's saying a lot. I have 5 little...
This was fantastic. I didn't use the bread crumbs because I didn't have any. But it is a keeper for sure!!!