Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 304
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Brown the pork cubes in the hot oil, about 10 minutes. Cook and stir onion and garlic with pork until onion is pork is no longer pink in middle, about 5 minutes.
- Bring 2 cups chicken broth and 2 cups beef broth to a boil in a separate saucepan. Stir rosemary, sage, bay leaves, and thyme into broth mixture; continue cooking at a boil until broth is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Pour reduced broth into pork mixture along with remaining 2 cups chicken and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Stir butternut squash, potatoes, carrots, and celery into soup. Reduce heat to low and simmer until squash is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir apples into soup and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes; season with salt and black pepper. Remove pot from heat and let soup cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 8.8 43 15.7 38 765 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
OK, so I added green pepper and fresh mushrooms, but this is a great recipe any way you do it. Without flour added it's a soup (as stated in the body of the recipe) but add flour to thicken and...
Delicious! I halved the recipe and it still made a full stock pot of soup! I didn't half the broth though. Also, I didn't reduce the broth because if I had, there would be no broth. (In fact, I ...
This was a wonderful way to use the butternut squash I had forgotten I had purchased a few weeks ago! I didn't have any celery, so I added some chopped kale, which made a very colorful and attr...
Excellent! Followed recipe exactly and it came out perfect. I did thicken it with a little flour just before serving. Made it a little creamier. Thanks for submitting.
This has a pretty good flavor, although I do think it needs to have a "thickener." I halved the recipe and made it in the crock pot. I cut back on the broth because I didn't reduce any of it bef...
Delicious recipe! Made as is from leftover pork, however omitted the apples. Turned out great and will make again!
I made this stew differently (since I'd already started on it before finding the recipe), but the ingredients are basically the same. Maybe my review will be helpful to those of you who don't h...