Jody's Chilean Pot Pie
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 1034 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 pot pies)
- Soak raisins in beef broth in a bowl for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Unroll pie crust and place a ramekin, top side down, onto crust. Press lightly to make a circle. Repeat 5 more times to make 6 circles in all; cut out circles.
- Crumble ground beef into a large skillet, place over medium heat, and cook and stir until beef is browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir paprika, cumin, salt, and black pepper into ground beef. Drain raisins, reserving beef broth, and stir raisins and olives into beef mixture.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; stir flour into hot butter until thoroughly combined. Gradually stir reserved beef broth into flour mixture, reduce heat to medium-low, and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes; season with salt and black pepper. Stir ground beef mixture into beef sauce.
- Spoon beef mixture into ramekins and top each with a pie crust circle, pressing crusts down onto edges of ramekins to seal. Cut several holes into top of each crust with a sharp knife. Set pot pies onto a baking sheet to contain drips.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crusts are browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 1034 calories; 64.7 g fat; 67.1 g carbohydrates; 48.1 g protein; 168 mg cholesterol; 3725 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1