Poor Man's Pie
Ingredients45 m servings 372 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Drain excess grease. Stir cream of mushroom soup and green beans into ground beef and bring to a simmer.
- Spread ground beef mixture into a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over ground beef mixture. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 19.1 g fat; 29 g carbohydrates; 20.5 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 1022 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
I loved this recipe! This was a quick way to use left over mashed potatoes. My picky kids even cleared their plates!
It's nothing fancy, but it is tasty! My husband and 5-year-old son kept taking more helpings until it was gone. My 1-year-old daughter loved it too! My 3-year-old son is another story.... I do...
great comfy food for a cold night. I did add frozen corn to the beef and also put cavenders greek seasoning to the beef. Used half velvetta also! Delicious........
This is a great recipe with or with out additions. I took a photo, I thought it needed a visual to go along with a simple yet tasty recipe. For the photo used I used one 12 oz. bag of frozen pea...
I made this tonight for my family for supper. It is a good basic dish that has your starch, vegetables, and meat. You can use a variety of vegetables (I used peas), and I added green onions to ...
This was so much fun to make. the smell as it was baking was so tempting. Flavor very good.