Rotini with Cherry Tomatoes, Caramelized Onions and Pancetta
made it | 0 reviews |
"Colorful and delicious, this pasta dish uses a crowd-pleasing combinations of fresh tomatoes, crisp pancetta and Barilla Veggie Rotini, made with spinach and zucchini for an extra boost of veggies."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 617 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet cook pancetta until its rendered and crispy. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- Add olive oil to the same skillet and caramelize the onions, about 5-6 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than the package directions. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- Add cooking water to sauce and bring to a simmer. Add pasta to sauce and toss.
- Remove from heat and toss with half the pancetta and half the cheese.
- Top with the remaining pancetta and cheese then serve.
- *prosciutto, bacon, salted pork or smoked sausage can be substitutes for pancetta.
Per Serving: 617 calories; 29.8 g fat; 71.5 g carbohydrates; 19.3 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 368 mg sodium. Full nutrition