Ingredients45 m servings 831 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring water and butter to a boil in a saucepan; stir in stuffing mix. Cover and remove saucepan from heat. Let stand until water is absorbed, 5 minutes; fluff stuffing with a fork.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Combine bread crumbs, pecans, salt, and pepper together in a third bowl.
- Fill each chicken breast with 1/4 of the stuffing and a provolone cheese slice. Roll each chicken breast around the filling; tie kitchen twine around each rolled breast to keep closed.
- Coat each chicken roll in flour; dip each chicken roll into whisked eggs. Press each chicken roll in the bread crumb-pecan mixture until fully coated.
- Pour canola oil into a large skillet to a depth of 1/4 inch and heat until little wisps of smoke rise from the oil.
- Fry coated chicken in the hot oil until crust is lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side; transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 831 calories; 42.3 g fat; 66.5 g carbohydrates; 46.3 g protein; 208 mg cholesterol; 1303 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I liked this recipe very much. Very tasty. I would diffidently make this again.
this is my first one star. I usually can see what is coming down the pike by looking over ingredients etc... but this one blind sided me. I would do a major revamp so much that you might as wel...