"I took my grandmother's recipe for chocolate coconut macaroons and made them festive by adding half of a maraschino cherry to the top of each one. Her recipe called for 12 ounces of semisweet melted chocolate, but I used Hershey's® unsweetened cocoa powder instead because it's what I had on hand."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 90
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cookies)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks.
- Beat cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt into egg white mixture until incorporated; fold in coconut. Drop spoonfuls of coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until coconut starts to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Press a cherry half into the top of each macaroon; transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
Per Serving: 90 calories; 3.1 16.1 1.6 0 85 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1