Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 216
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat masa harina and water into creamed butter until smooth.
- Place 1 cup corn in a blender; blend until smooth. Stir blended corn, remaining 1 cup corn, and cornmeal into masa harina mixture.
- Mix sugar, cream, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Pour sugar mixture into corn mixture; stir to combine. Spoon corn batter into an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish. Smooth the top of the batter with a spatula. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Fill a 9x13-inch casserole dish 1/3 full of hot water. Place the covered 8-inch square dish into the water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove 8x8-inch dish from water bath and let cool for 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 216 calories; 13.5 24.1 2.2 36 188 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
If people are complaining about the texture being gritty it is because you cant sub cornmeal, which is very coarse and needs to be cooked in boiling hot liquid to soften as a substitute. You hav...
Just like what we find in the restaurants! The family LOVED it! I have a family of six and we ate it all and the kids were asking for more. Next time I'll be doubling the recipe. The only other...
Made a double batch with our own frozen corn for a football party. Everyone loved it. It was excellent with chili. And those on gluten free diets were thankful they could have some too.