Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 866 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Empty sauerkraut and turnip greens into a colander and rinse lightly; drain. Spread sauerkraut, turnip greens, and onions in an even layer in a large baking dish and season with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk apple juice concentrate, water, and brown sugar in a bowl, dissolving the sugar. Pour juice mixture over vegetables. Arrange pieces of kielbasa sausage into dish atop vegetables.
- Bake in the preheated oven until most of the liquid has evaporated and the kielbasa is browned, about 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Get the darker-colored apple juice. I have used grape, cran-apple, cran-grape, cran-blueberry, and pineapple juice in a pinch if outta my favorite apple juice, but apple tastes best!
Per Serving: 866 calories; 52.7 g fat; 72.5 g carbohydrates; 26.7 g protein; 122 mg cholesterol; 4018 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Although I'm sure this is good as written, there is one step in the recipe I knew I'd have to tweak to get my husband to eat it. He will not eat canned greens of any kind and even when eating fr...