Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 223
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and set aside several large leaves of cabbage. Core cabbage and cut into very fine shreds. Mix cooked onion, chopped cabbage, eggs, and milk together in bowl; transfer mixture to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Cover mixture with reserved whole cabbage leaves.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cabbage mixture is cooked through and set, about 50 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir cracker crumbs in the melted butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cabbage leaves from top of casserole dish and sprinkle cabbage-egg mixture with buttered cracker crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is browned, about 10 more minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 15.4 16.4 7 126 218 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I really like this even though I'm not a Huge cabbage fan. I made it for christmas eve and fiance liked it too. It's almost a comfort food. Made everything exactly as described except I only use...
I'm a huge cabbage fan, so you really can't go wrong with cabbage, for me. To turn this into a one dish meal, I added a can of diced tomatoes, some smoked, ground turkey sausage, 1 c rice, 2 c c...