Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h servings 934 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 sandwiches)
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 cup cilantro, green onions, 1 1/2 tablespoon ground chipotle peppers, 1 tablespoon lime juice, garlic basil spread, 1 teaspoon cumin, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate chipotle mayonnaise for at least 1 hour.
- Combine beef tri-tip, Anaheim chile peppers, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, juice of 1 lime, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, smoked paprika, and Mexican oregano in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate beef mixture for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until onions soften and become golden and beef browns, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in 1 cup chopped cilantro and jalapeno peppers.
- Spread each hoagie bun with 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise. Spoon beef mixture into buns and top each sandwich with 2 ounces Asiago cheese.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bread is toasted and warm, about 5 minutes. Divide fresh avocado, cherry tomatoes, and 1/2 cup cilantro over the 4 sandwiches.
- Editor's Note:
- Here's the recipe for Garlic Basil Spread.
Per Serving: 934 calories; 63.4 g fat; 46.3 g carbohydrates; 46.2 g protein; 153 mg cholesterol; 1063 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This sandwich was Very good! I decided to make guacamole and spread it on the other half of the French bread my kids so generously brought home. Skirt steak, which is thin, fried up just fine! M...