Ingredients50 m servings 525
- Combine chicken, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add yellow bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and balsamic vinegar and cook until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms and 1 tablespoon basil into chicken mixture and cook until mushrooms have softened, about 5 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese and pesto sauce; toss to coat. Stir in cherry tomatoes and cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon chicken mixture into toasted buns and top each sandwich with 1/4 cup feta cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 525 calories; 26.9 41.3 29.4 65 960 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I have made this a few times for my partner and he hates vegetables but he will eat this because it is so good !
Very good. All the veggie haters ate the whole thing. Will be serving this again and again.
This was yummy. Used this for some leftover chicken we had. I used white balsamic instead and no feta, and melted provolone on the top. Really hearty sandwich. Great way to get extra veggies in...
The only thing I changed was to omit the mushrooms (I don't care for them). But this was awesome sauce! Hubby even was surprised at how good it was!! Make it as is and you will be happy.