Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 117
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until creamy and smooth. Mix flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl; gradually beat flour mixture into creamed butter mixture until dough is smooth. Fold walnuts into the dough. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Roll cookie dough into 6 dozen small balls and place them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Press the center of each ball using your thumb to form a small well. Fill the depressions with jam.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are light golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate and shortening together in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Drizzle melted white chocolate mixture over cookies.
- Cool cookies on the sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 7 12.8 1.1 14 52 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This is a terrific jam butter cookie. I did do a couple things different. Instead of walnuts, I used a half cup of ground almonds. I also added 1/4 tsp of almond flavoring to enhance the almo...
These are amazing. I'm not a big fruit cookie person, but these are some of the best cookies I have ever eaten. The cookies do not come out shaped as perfect as in the pic. The jelly sometimes m...
My daughter and I just made a batch of these (with some variations) and they are fabulous! We omitted the walnuts and made our own fillings/toppings. They baked up beautifully and will be perfec...
I would make this again, I halved the recipe , the dough did not hold together so I added another quarter cup of butter ,note , I did not add the nuts either . I did microwave the dough a few...