Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 359
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot; cook and stir 1/2 small onion and 1/2 garlic clove until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir shredded carrots and escarole into onion mixture; cook and stir until escarole is wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into pot with vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer chicken breasts in broth until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken breasts and vegetables from broth with a slotted spoon, let chicken cool, and chop into bite-size pieces. Set chicken and vegetables aside; retain chicken broth in pot.
- Combine meat loaf mix, bread crumbs, egg, remaining 1/2 small onion, remaining 1/2 garlic clove, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Scoop about 1 1/2 teaspoon meat mixture and roll into a small meatball; repeat with remaining mixture. Refrigerate meatballs until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Bring chicken broth back to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer meatballs in broth until no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Remove meatballs from chicken broth with a slotted spoon. Retain chicken broth in pot.
- Bring chicken broth back to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook lasagna noodles until cooked through but still slightly firm to the bite, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and set noodles aside. Reserve remaining chicken broth.
- Combine chopped chicken, vegetables, ricotta cheese, and parsley in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Chill mixture for 10 minutes to become firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a large, deep baking dish with olive oil.
- Place 3 cooked lasagna noodles into baking dish. Layer 1/3 the ricotta-chicken mixture and 1/3 the meatballs over noodles; sprinkle layers with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice more, using 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 the ricotta mixture, 1/3 the meatballs, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese per layer.
- Bring remaining chicken broth to a boil, reduce heat to low, and whisk cornstarch into chicken broth until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour thickened chicken broth over casserole. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven until bubbling and cheese topping has melted, about 20 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 359 calories; 16.6 23.2 29.2 86 481 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
A bit bland. Switch italian saugage for meat loaf mix. Also added a layer of chopped tomatoes.Keep crushed red peppers on the table for real heat lovers like me!
Lots of steps to this but it was well worth it! I was worried there wouldn't be enough broth left by the time I got to the step of boiling the lasagna noodles but there was. First time I have ac...