Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 337
- Roll bread dough into a rectangle 8 inches wide and 15 inches long. Spread butter over the bread, leaving about 1/2 inch of a long edge unbuttered. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a bowl and sprinkle the mixture over the buttered part of the dough.
- Starting with the long edge opposite the unbuttered edge, tightly roll the dough over the filling; seal the roll along the unbuttered edge to make a log.
- Lightly grease a 12-inch round cake pan or baking dish; place dough into the pan and form a ring, pinching the two ends together to seal. Use kitchen scissors or sharp knife to make cuts 3/4 inch deep into the outside of the ring. Twist the cut sections of dough slightly to reveal filling.
- Cover the tea ring with a cloth, place into a warm area, and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake tea ring in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil after 15 minutes if tea ring starts to brown too quickly. Let tea ring cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl to make a smooth frosting. Spread top of the tea ring with frosting.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 8.1 59.4 6.1 15 364 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I rate this recipe about a 4, but others said no a 5. It does taste good. It kind of reminds me of a mix of a cinnamon roll and fresh baked bread. I realized I didn't have a 12" round pan, so I ...
My mom would make this every Christmas with raisins. After it was baked and frosted she would cut maraschino cherries into quarters and laid them on the frosting to look like little poinsettias...
This thing was INSANE! I didn't think it would be that good. I WAS MISTAKEN. DELICICOUS! I didn't have the bread dough so I subbed 2 cans of crescent roll dough (1 lb of dough). I spread 1/2 ...
I used frozen bread dough for this recipe and it turned out perfect. I put aluminum foil over it as suggested and the inside cooked perect while the outside is a nice warm brown. I also threw ...