Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 50 m servings 134
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen truffles)
- Heat chocolate and cream in the top of a double boiler over simmering water without stirring for 3 minutes. Whisk chocolate and cream together until smooth. Remove from heat and let mixture cool until thick, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a flat baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until fully set, about 3 hours.
- Place chopped peppermint candies into a shallow bowl. Use a melon baller to scoop about 1 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate mixture; form into a ball-shaped truffle and set aside on a piece of parchment paper on a work surface. Roll truffles in peppermint candy and lightly roll truffles between your hands to press candy pieces into truffles.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use dark chocolate for a more minty truffle, semisweet for a sweeter one, but I wouldn't recommend white chocolate, as the crushed candies are white chocolate and peppermint. Said candies can be found at Target or online.
- Editor's Note:
- Andes® Peppermint Crunch mints are available seasonally (around Christmas).
Per Serving: 134 calories; 9 14.3 1.2 7 10 Full nutrition