0 made it | 0 reviews |
"It's a bonbon-type cookie with a candy filling all in one bite. A colorful surprise treat to add to a Christmas cookie plate or anytime when you want to have something special. Use spice or fruit-flavored gumdrops and any color food coloring for icing. I usually divide icing into 3 to 4 small bowls and tint icing for specific gumdrop color and flavors."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 114
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat unsalted butter, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Sift flour and salt together in a separate bowl; beat flour mixture into butter mixture to make a workable dough. If dough feels crumbly or dry, beat 1 teaspoon evaporated milk into dough, or more if needed.
- Pinch off about 1 tablespoon of dough and form into a ball; push an indentation in the ball with your finger, insert a gumdrop, and wrap dough around gumdrop to completely enclose. Place cookie onto prepared baking sheet with the sealed side down. Repeat with remaining dough and gumdrops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are set but not brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons evaporated milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl to make a smooth frosting. Divide frosting into 3 or 4 small bowls and color each a different color, if desired. Spread frosting on cookies while they are still warm; set aside to finish cooling before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Gumdrops should be the small bite-size variety; if large like the orange section variety, cut in half.
Per Serving: 114 calories; 4 18.5 1 11 16 Full nutrition