Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 1247
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange bacon slices close together and slightly overlapping onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle bacon slices evenly with maple syrup.
- Place the baking sheet in the cold oven; set temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake until bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer bacon slices to a paper towel-lined plate to cool. Crumble cooled bacon.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Lightly mix popcorn, rice cereal, wheat cereal, peanuts, pretzels, and crumbled bacon together in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; mix brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt into the melted butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Boil mixture, without stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Place popcorn mixture in the preheated oven to warm.
- Remove the butter mixture from heat and mix in vanilla extract and baking soda until caramel begins to foam. Drizzle caramel in a thin stream over popcorn mixture, tossing to evenly coat.
- Bake caramel corn in the oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until caramel coating is set, 1 hour. Let caramel corn cool completely before breaking into pieces.
- Cook's Note:
- I recommend using non-microwave popcorn. If you must use microwave popcorn, try to remove the unpopped seeds. Place popcorn into a roaster. I prefer using two large tinfoil roasters (the disposable kind) and splitting the corn between the two, it makes mixing easier later on.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 1247 calories; 72.7 135 23.5 102 2039 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Daughter and her friend loved them! I think I will add the bacon half way through the baking time or 15 min prior to finishing because my bacon turned black :( but it's still good. Maybe my bac...
Holy Cow. My wife calls it popcorn crack. If you like sweet & salty combined you will love this
Addicting snack - my husband loved the surprise flavor of bacon with this sweet/salty snack. Defiantly needs to bake for the time instructed, I tried to pull it out early and found the snack wa...