Ingredients6 h 50 m servings 671 cals
- Stir 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup sherry, mustard powder, thyme, garlic, and ginger together in a large, shallow bowl. Place pork roast into marinade and cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight for best flavor, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place marinated pork roast onto a rack set into a roasting pan; discard the used marinade. Insert a probe-type meat thermometer into thickest part of the roast.
- Roast pork loin until thermometer reads 170 degrees F (75 degrees C), 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Combine apricot preserves, 2 tablespoons sherry, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until preserves melt. Serve apricot sauce with sliced pork roast.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 671 calories; 30.8 g fat; 37.5 g carbohydrates; 57.4 g protein; 166 mg cholesterol; 1541 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Good combination of flavors that I adapted to use in the crockpot. I marinated the roast for several hours (used white wine and dijon because that is what I had) then browned it in a skillet and...
Love this recipe! I had everything on hand so I didn't have to run out for any ingredients. The sauce was simple and a big hit with my children. This recipe went right into my recipe box.
Fantastic! I didn't have sherry on hand but used port and some apricot liqueur. Marinaded overnight then browned the pork and cooked on low in a crock pot! This is an amazing recipe for pork sir...
Amazing! Holiday worthy and super simple! The "only" change I made was to add some of the marinade to the pan with some carrots. Delish!
Loved this! I will make again. The only thing I did different was I added worchester sauce because I was out of soy. My husband loved it!
Yummy! I will confess that I was looking for a sauce/glaze when I found this recipe and used another marinade that I like. Next time I will try the marinade as well but, just the sauce is elegan...
Who couldn't love this recipe? I left out ginger because I've never like it, added green onions , used white wine instead, and added a little bit of oil to help with browning the meat in the ov...
This was very tasty! I let it marinade about 6 hours and made no changes to the recipe. The glaze makes this recipe a keeper. Will make this again!