Jane's Barbecued Short Ribs
Ingredients10 h 20 m servings 782
- Place beef ribs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add onions, tomato sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, parsley, horseradish, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Squeeze excess air out of bag and seal. Marinate in refrigerator overnight or up to 24 hours, turning bag several times.
- Transfer beef and marinade to a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until beef is tender and falling off the bones, about 2 hours. Remove beef from liquid with a slotted spoon.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Arrange beef on preheated grill and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If cooking in a slow cooker, cook for 7 to 8 hrs on Low.
- If gravy is desired, skim fat from cooking liquid, pour in small pan (keeping onions in sauce), and thicken with flour.
Per Serving: 782 calories; 62.8 18.8 33.8 140 1038 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These are PHENOMENAL!!! We hosted family for dinner and I can 't count the number of times everyone, even finicky eaters, commented on how great these were. The best part? They're not at all ...
MOUTH WATERING GOODNESS: I made Jane's Short Ribs exactly as directed (except I broiled the meat at the end for 10 mins instead of using the grill) and all I can say is WOW! These are the best ...