Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 512 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Prepare the crust. Toast panko breadcrumbs and walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes; tossing often. They will become lightly toasted and fragrant. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add butter and salt then mix until will incorporated.
- Lay a large piece of parchment paper out on the counter and top with crust mixture. Cover with another large piece of parchment paper. Press down to flatten slightly then with a rolling pin; roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Place in freezer on a flat surface to set.
- Meanwhile prepare the arugula pesto. Toasts walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes; tossing often. They will become lightly toasted and fragrant
- In a food processor, combine arugula, Parmesan cheese, walnuts, garlic and kosher salt. Turn on and slowly add in extra virgin olive oil and walnut oil until a paste forms, approximately 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- Now prepare the halibut. Preheat broiler on high.
- Remove crust from the freezer. Keep the parchment paper on and using kitchen shears cut 6 pieces into the same size as the halibut filets.
- Working in 2 separate saute pans, evenly heat canola oil over medium high heat. Season halibut filets with kosher salt. Once the oil is hot and smoking; add 3 halibut filets per pan and sear for 5 minutes on one side then flip and sear for 3 minutes longer on the other side. Working in 2 pans will allow the filets to cook evenly and not be over crowded in the pan.
- Remove one side of parchment paper from the crust and top each piece of halibut. Peel away the second side of parchment repeating until all 6 are topped.
- Transfer the saute pans under the broiler for approximately 2 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toasted.
- Spoon arugula pesto on the bottom of a large serving platter. Place crusted halibut on top and serve family style.
Per Serving: 512 calories; 38.2 g fat; 4.5 g carbohydrates; 38 g protein; 77 mg cholesterol; 647 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1