Sweet and Sour Chicken Using Italian Dressing and Apricot Jam
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 574
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken breasts on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Combine apricot jam, Italian-style salad dressing, and dried onions together in a bowl. Place browned chicken in a baking dish and pour jam mixture over the chicken; bake for 15 minutes. Add the pineapple, chopped onion and chopped red bell pepper; continue baking until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside, another 15 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 574 calories; 16.2 82.7 26.9 61 727 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was such a great recipe! I nixed the dried onion and added a dash of red pepper flakes for a little heat. After browning the chicken a bit on the stove I threw everything together in my slo...
excellent recipe. I used pineapple jam and omitted the apricot and pineapples. now a family favorite.