Ingredients3 h servings 202
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Arrange tomatoes on a baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add garlic and 3 sprigs chopped thyme; toss. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven until very tender and browned, about 2 hours.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, celery, and zucchini until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes, paprika, and curry powder. Season with salt and black pepper and add remaining 3 sprigs chopped thyme. Stir in roasted tomatoes along with any liquid from the baking sheet. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes; pour chicken broth into tomato mixture. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend with an emersion blender until desired consistency. Stir in cream and basil before serving.
- Editor's Note:
- Instead of an immersion blender, pour soup into a standard blender no more than half-full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 18.2 9 2.5 41 29 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
very good and easy to make. I used half and half instead of whipping cream. I had fresh tomatoes from the farm. I will be making this again. Thanks
Everyone loved this soup. I did substitute vegetable broth for 1/2 of the chicken stock.
Pureed the whole thing and doubled up on the tomato and zucchini! So good... husband liked it without the cream, I added cream and gorgonzola:)
excellent soup especially for what I have in my garden. i didnt quite puree it, so it was a little thicker, but it was good. i used someone's suggestion and added some more sauteed zucchini, aft...
This soup is wonderful. I did make a few minor changes. I added more plum tomatoes than indicated in the recipe, used light cream, and added chopped zucchini at the very end to add a little cr...
LOVE LOVE this soup I didn't make any changes to this recipe and everyone that had some loved it. I will make this is soup again.