Grandma Sylvia's Brisket
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients11 h servings 349
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown brisket on both sides and transfer it to a deep pot.
- Stir in tomato paste, water, onions, carrots, mushrooms, garlic powder, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours. Transfer to a baking dish, cool, and refrigerate overnight.
- About 1 1/2 hours before serving, preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Skim off fat residue from sauce and slice brisket across the grain. Layer beef, vegetables, and sauce in a baking dish.
- Cover pan with foil and bake in preheated oven until hot, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 16.6 24.9 26.6 77 532 Full nutrition