Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients26 m servings 131 cals
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Let stand 10 minutes to cool slightly. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, egg and peppermint extract. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually beat in flour on low speed until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Press a chocolate candy into the center of each ball, forming dough around the candy to completely enclose it. Roll in remaining 1/2 cup sugar to coat. Place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- White Chocolate Drizzled Peppermint Truffle Cookies: Prepare, bake and cool cookies as directed. Melt 4 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped, and 4 teaspoons milk as directed on package. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small piece from one of the bottom corners of bag. Close bag tightly, then drizzle the chocolate in a zigzag pattern over each cookie. If desired, sprinkle each cookie with finely crushed peppermint candies.
- Sparkling Peppermint Truffle Cookies: Prepare and shape cookies as directed. Roll in holiday-colored sparkling sugars. Bake as directed.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Try also with other flavors of chocolate kiss-shaped candies, such as dark chocolate and peppermint.
Per Serving: 131 calories; 6.3 g fat; 17.2 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 24 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1