Oven-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
Ingredients10 h 50 m servings 558 cals
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, mint, oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, white pepper, and salt together in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate marinade at least 1 hour.
- Pierce lamb in multiple places evenly over the lamb; place into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Pour marinade over the lamb, squeeze excess air from the bag, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Prepare a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Remove lamb from marinade; shake to remove excess liquid. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade; discard remainder.
- Place lamb in the middle of the prepared roasting pan.
- Combine potatoes and carrots in a large bowl. Pour vegetable oil and reserved marinade over the vegetables; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around the lamb. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast lamb in preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), about 80 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking until firm and meat is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 10 more minutes. Rest lamb 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Easy Cleanup
- If you make this in a slow cooker, using a slow cooker liner can make cleanup easier.
Per Serving: 558 calories; 42.1 g fat; 23.6 g carbohydrates; 21.5 g protein; 69 mg cholesterol; 178 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I don't like lamb as a rule, but we were given a leg of lamb by the neighbor for whom I make jalapeno jelly (long story). I made the lamb in the slow cooker, didn't have marjoram, and used cook...
My Aunt suggested this recipe for me to serve. I, and as well as my Father found your marinade to be far to overpowering. Sorry but a tender leg of lamb has a delicate flavour that shouldn't b...
It was perfectly good but didn't blow me away. I was hoping it would be tastier.