Baked Pears with Wine and Walnut Cream
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 397 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 pear halves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange pears in an oven-proof pan with a tight-fitting lid; add red wine, 1/2 cup brown sugar, vanilla bean and seeds, and the peel and juice of 1 orange. Bring pear mixture to a boil; sprinkle with half the walnuts.
- Bake the pear mixture in the preheated oven until pears are tender, 20 to 30 minutes, basting pears with red wine syrup every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool; remove the vanilla bean and orange peel from the red wine syrup.
- Arrange the remaining walnuts on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 5 minutes.
- Place the toasted walnuts in a food processor and pour in the red wine syrup; pulse until paste-like consistency. Transfer to a bowl. Whisk cream, sour cream, zest and juice of 1 orange, and 2 teaspoons brown sugar into walnut-red wine paste until smooth.
- Serve walnut-cream sauce over baked pears.
Per Serving: 397 calories; 24.8 g fat; 37 g carbohydrates; 5.1 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 20 mg sodium. Full nutrition