Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 276
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Mix garlic, salt, pepper, ginger, thyme, sage, add marjoram in a bowl. Stir soy sauce and vegetable oil into the garlic mixture until loosely paste-like; add the bay leaf.
- Cut slits into the lamb on all sides. Rub herb mixture over entire surface of lamb, massaging it into the slits. Put lamb in a roasting pan.
- Roast lamb until browned on the outside and red in the center, about 50 minutes for rare. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 125 degrees F (52 degrees C). Cover lamb loosely with aluminum foil and cool about 20 minutes before carving.
- Cook's Note
- Make sure you multiply the rub recipe by half the number of pounds of lamb you have; you'll want enough to put a good coat over the whole leg.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 17.8 1.3 26.3 91 781 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I used a variation of this rub (without soy sauce and using fresh herbs) as a quick marinade for some thick lamb sirloins. Quickly seared on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet, then finished in...
So easy and perfect for a cold winter night! Substituted worcestershire sauce for Soy sauce due to gluten problems, worked perfectly
I did this recipe for Christmas party and everyone love love it. One of my friend she doesn't like lamb try it and she just love it.Thank you danhubin for the recipe . i'll keep it in my cook ...
Very good and very easy. My family loved it. Made it last week and I'm making it again today. I was looking for a recipe to cook lamb in the crock-pot as it is too hot to turn on the oven. The...
I followed the recipe to a t and couldn't be happier with the results. This is good enough to make lamb a regular in the general rotation.
Will definitely keep this one for one of those rare occasions when I have a leg of lamb. I had a significantly bigger leg (bone in, a little over 4 lbs) and tried to scale everything up accordin...
Rubbed this marinade on a rack of lamb. It was so good. I will be using this recipe from now on for herb crusted rack of lamb.