Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 48 cals
Original recipe yields 40 servings (40 bread sticks)
- Combine flour, water, yeast, dry milk powder, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt in the mixing bowl of a large stand mixer; knead into a soft, smooth dough, about 7 minutes.
- Place into a warm area and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer dough to an oiled work surface; roll with a rolling pin into a 10x20-inch rectangle. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roll dough again lightly to press seeds into surface. Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut dough along the shorter edge into 1/4- to 1/2-inch wide strips. Hold each breadstick by both ends and twist once.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper. Transfer bread sticks to prepared baking sheets; cover with a kitchen towel and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bake bread sticks in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- These go from pale to golden to burned very quickly; pay close attention to them as they approach the 10-minute mark.
- If desired, brush the dough with an egg white beaten with 1 tablespoon of water. This may make the sticks just marginally less tasty, but the seeds will adhere much better.
Per Serving: 48 calories; 1.9 g fat; 6.5 g carbohydrates; 1.2 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 62 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I've made these breadsticks 3 times already and love them all. I wish I can find out how to make them with the texture of a French baguette. Any suggestions?