Ingredients50 m servings 258 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon slices to paper towels, reserving bacon drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon when cooled.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set stems aside. Place mushrooms, hollow sides up, on a baking sheet; brush the insides with melted butter.
- Chop mushroom stems; cook and stir chopped stems, black olives, green onion, and crumbled bacon in the bacon drippings over medium heat until mushroom stems release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; stir to coat.
- Tilt the skillet slightly; move vegetable-bacon mixture to one side, allowing the bacon drippings to pool to the other side. Whisk flour into bacon drippings until smooth and paste-like; slowly stir in milk until gravy is smooth. Mix vegetable-bacon mixture into the gravy. Add American cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cheeses melt, about 5 minutes. Spoon filling into mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven until mushrooms are tender and filling is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove mushrooms from baking sheet and cool on platter for 2 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute bacon with breakfast sausage. Add ½ cup frozen drained spinach, squeezed dry, if desired. Add 2 tablespoons bread crumbs to cheese mixture for a heartier filling.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 22.1 g fat; 7.1 g carbohydrates; 11.4 g protein; 48 mg cholesterol; 770 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made this for the first time on Thanks Giving Day 2012 and it turn out perfect and easy to make yummy !!
Just made this recipe a couple of days ago for a party. They are to die for! I used more 2 more slices of bacon and twice the garlic that what the recipe says. I also hollowed out the mushroom...
I made this recipe for Super Bowl Sunday. They are the best stuffed mushrooms ever.