Ingredients30 m servings 251
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir flour into the melted butter until well mixed; cook about 3 minutes. Slowly pour milk into flour mixture, stirring constantly until well incorporated. Add garlic; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and Asiago cheese; stir until cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer garlic sauce while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and red bell pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place angel hair pasta in a serving bowl; toss to coat with garlic sauce. Add mushroom mixture and green onion; toss gently. Top with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- Add some chopped baked or grilled chicken to the mix and a dash of wasabi powder for spice. Good cold or hot.
Per Serving: 251 calories; 13.2 26.2 7.6 28 223 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The sauce is very thick and lacked flavor. I cooked the roux well and made it according to the recipe - tasted, added more salt and pepper, tasted added some nutmeg and that helped but over all...
The sauce had too much flower! It became a a sticky dough. Next time I will add more milk and less flower. The taste of the sauce was also bland, I had to add more salt and garlic to get it to t...
I added extra mushrooms to the recipe. It could have used more salt, but that can be added at the table. It was kind of hard to toss the pasta with the sauce, as the sauce was thick and cheesy, ...